Sunday, December 5, 2010

Is there power in positive thinking?

             I strongly believe that there is power in positive thinking. Positive thinking gives you some kind of goal meanwhile thinking negatively just forces you to give up and not even try. When I think positive it makes me feel like I have something to look forward to. I believe that a person who thinks positive and not negatively keeps themselves sane.  Thinking negative gets you nowhere in life and those bad thoughts just make you miserable, unhappy, and sometimes very depressed. When you are sick and you think positive thoughts it will help you a lot with your recovery mainly because you think about all of the good things and all of the things you can do to get better. When you think negative thoughts you give up, you might not even want to take your medication or even spend time with your loved ones. Positive thoughts won’t cure your illness but they will help with keeping your mind and your thoughts going down the right path. A person will be much happier and contempt with what ever life has in store for them as long as they think positively. When a person thinks unhappy thoughts nothing ever makes them feel better and whether or not they overcome their illness they still wont be happy. When a person is happy it benefits their immune system so if one has an illness that is affecting their immune system positive thinking will help them get better and will make them feel much better about themselves and their life in general. Positive thinking will give you a sense of hope during your darkest moments meanwhile negative thinking will give you a sense of helplessness. I try to think of as many positive things as I can in the morning and I feel as if my day runs a lot smoother, I also keep a smile on my face and none of the negativity around me can get to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment