Sunday, October 17, 2010

Blog 4 :) Happiness and Work

Happiness at work? Who would ever think they could be having fun while at work but I believe you can. When I enjoy what I am doing I am a much happier person. If you have a job doing something you do not like to do it is pretty obvious that you won’t have any fun at all and you will simply just be miserable. That mainly one of the reasons why I chose to major in Fine arts. I do not want to be working at a place where I make very good money but yet be miserable and unhappy the entire time I am there. I rather work somewhere that I enjoy just making enough money to get by. I will be much happier with myself and life in general. On the other hand I will be more committed and successful because I am doing what I love. Daniel Sgroi states that, “Experiments suggest that happiness raises productivity by increase workers’ effort.”
                  When I was 16 my first job was at a day-care. I didn’t get paid much but I really enjoyed what I did. Till this day I would have to say that was the best summer I ever had. I learned a lot about children and it helped me a lot with being patient and compassionate. Now this summer I worked at the Hard-Rock CafĂ©. I got paid very good money and could eat everything that I wanted to. I didn’t last a month. The work was so easy but I hated what I did. It was so boring and on top of that  my manager was an animal. That was the worst job experience I ever had.

No comments:

Post a Comment